Automobile and other motorized vehicle accidents are one the leading causes of injury and death in Georgia, Alabama and throughout the United States. This is one of the many reasons Georgia law mandates that all vehicles on the road in Georgia carry proper liability insurance for bodily injury and property damage caused by bad driving. TED MORGAN LAW specializes as an accident attorney handling case’! in the Columbus, Georgia, Phenix City, Alabama, Ft. Benning and surrounding area. It’s your money at stake, you can’t afford a mistake.
At Fault Law Motor vehicle-related claims can arise from a variety of circumstances and events related to driver error. Georgia and Alabama are “At Fault” States. This means we hold the “at-fault” driver responsible for his/her driver error, a.k.a. fault, or negligence. For this reason, the liability Insurance company insuring the at-fault driver must pay. But don't be fooled because these liability insurance carriers are very skilled at avoiding payment altogether. This is why you must seek qualified legal counsel if you are injured in an automobile accident.
Georgia “at fault” rules often refer to “comparative negligence”, meaning driver error for the accident may be partially assigned to more than one driver and therefore you should never give up on your claim simply because you (or your driver) received a citation or because an insurance company claim rep says you caused the accident.
HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF DRIVER ERROR AND EXAMPLES OF THE TYPE CASES WE HAVE HANDLED:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Texting while Driving
- Failure to obey traffic control devices (think, red lights, stop signs, etc.)
- Following too closely (rear-end collisions)
- Failure to yield the right-of-way (c.g. oncoming driver turns left in front of you)
- Failure to yield entering and/or crossing a roadway (e.g. driver comes out of a private drive into your lane of traffic)
- Failure to yield at an intersection (Georgia &Alabama have rules that tell us who has the right of way at an intersection without red lights and/or stop signs)
- Driver hits a Pedestrian
- Failure to tum on Headlights (You hit another vehicle with no headlights)
- Reckless Driving (racing, weaving and total disregard for there traffic)
- Improper lane change
Motor vehicle & car accidents come in many shapes and sizes. When you need a lifeline to recovery, call TED MORGAN LAW (706) 622-6255. We are here to serve you!