Assault & BatteryPut 28 Years of Experience on Your Side
Assault & Battery Lawyer in Columbus
What Is The Difference Between Simple & Aggravated Assault & Battery?
In Georgia, both assault and battery crimes are broken down into two categories: simple and aggravated. Simple assault and battery crimes are considered less serious crimes and charged as misdemeanors. Aggravated assault and battery crimes are more severe in nature and are charged as felonies.
The sentencing for those convicted of these types of crimes includes:
- Simple assault and battery - Up to 12 months in jail, fines up to $1,000, and restitution
- Aggravated assault and battery - Between 1 year and 20 years in prison, up to 20 years of probation, a fine of up to $100,000, and restitution
Assault and battery crimes are among the most common criminal offenses. Generally, these offenses involve threatening, attempting, or causing violent injury to another person. The crimes can be as minor as touching someone against their will or as severe as using a deadly weapon against someone in such a way that causes the loss of a limb or serious disfigurement.
Exploring Possible Defenses for Assault Charges
When facing assault charges, it is crucial to have an experienced assault defense attorney who can build a strong defense strategy tailored to your unique case. At Ted Morgan Law, our team of skilled criminal defense lawyers in Columbus, GA understands the complexities of assault cases and will work diligently to protect your future.
Some possible defenses for assault charges include:
- Self-defense: If you acted in self-defense to protect yourself or others from harm, we can argue that your actions were justified.
- Defense of others: If you were defending someone else who was in immediate danger, we can argue that your actions were necessary to prevent harm.
- Lack of intent: If it can be proven that you did not have the intention to cause harm or that the alleged assault was accidental, we can argue that you should not be held responsible for the charges.
- False accusations: In some cases, individuals may falsely accuse someone of assault. We will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your case to uncover any evidence of false accusations.
It is important to remember that every assault case is unique, and the defenses available to you will depend on the specific details of your situation. Our experienced assault defense attorneys will carefully analyze the evidence, interview witnesses, and explore all possible defenses to build a strong case on your behalf.
Ted Morgan Law Assault & Batteries Legal Counsel
The consequences of an assault or battery conviction are serious and may include fines, incarceration, and loss of employment or professional licenses. Having an experienced assault & battery Lawyer in Columbus defense attorney on your side can make all the difference.
From the moment you hire Ted Morgan Law, we can begin doing all we can to get your charges reduced or dismissed altogether. No matter how serious your situation, our team of legal professionals can help you develop a strategic defense plan that can ensure your rights are protected.
With so much at stake, it is in your best interest to work with a knowledgeable assault & battery attorney in Columbus. Ted Morgan Law is committed to helping you protect your rights and your future, and it starts with you reaching out for a free consultation.
Over 28 Years of Experience
There's no substitution for experience. With Attorney Ted Morgan on your side, you can be confident you're in the best hands.
Zoom Appointments Available
Unable to make it into the office? No problem. With Zoom appointments, we make meeting with an attorney easy.
Strong Reputation in the Legal Community
Attorney Ted Morgan is respected not only by his peers, but by key people within the legal system.
Hands-on Approach to Your Case
At Ted Morgan Law, your case will receive the attention and personalization it deserves by an attorney who truly has your best interest at heart.